Lansing Area R Users Group (laRUG) with Data Science
The Lansing Area R Users Group (laRUG) brings together R users in the Lansing area for discussions on data science (analysis and predictive modeling), big data, and all things R. This group provides a relaxed environment to exchange ideas and discuss R. Whether you are new to R (and programming), a statistician, or an advanced user, we are the group for you.
View My GitHub Profile
We hold monthly meetings on the second Monday of the month from 7-9pm at the Grand Traverse Pie Company (in the Orchard Room) at the corner of East Grand River Avenue and Hagadorn Road in East Lansing, Michigan Google Map.
The first hour of the meetup is devoted to a specific topic while the second hour is more of an open question and answer session – or it might be a continuation of the first hour.
November 13, 2017
(s/l/a)pply versus loop versus dplyr
Do you use loops? Or do you use (s/l/a)pply? How about dplyr? Which do you like better? Come join the discussion!
December 11, 2017
to be determined
- October 9, 2017 Non-technical introduction to deep learning, with kerasR: Interested in deep learning but don’t know where to start? This was a non-technical introduction with kerasR lead by Yu Lucy Han (LinkedIn), a Business Intelligence Analyst at Centurion Medical Products. [Notes coming…]
- September 11, 2017 Using R for Data Analysis and laRUG Planning: A general discussion of the latest packages and methods for analyzing data. We will also discuss and plan the meetups through the end of the spring 2018 semester.
- August 14, 2017 A discussion lead by Emilio Xavier Esposito (LinkedIn), a Data Scientist and Senior Consulting Computational Chemist at exeResearch on data science workflows with R. [Notes coming…]
- July 10, 2017 A discussion lead by Chris Umphlett (LinkedIn), a Senior Operations Business Process Analyst at Jackson National Life, on how departments adjust for non-weekend adjacent holidays and the different strategies they employ to staff moving holidays and non-moving holidays. (Notes on holiday staffing and other topics)
- June 12, 2017 A presentation by Burtch Works – an executive recruiting firm specializing in analytics and data science positions – was presented followed by a Q&A session with Naomi Keller (LinkedIn). (Notes on Q&A about the Data Science Job Market)
- May 2017 (Notes on text mining)
- April 2017 (Notes)
- March 2017 (Notes)
- February 2017 (Notes)
- January 2017 (Notes)
- December 2016 (Notes on Tableplots, Notebooks with R Markdown, dygraphs, and a traffic accident dataset)
LinkedIn Group Please request to become a member!
R and Data Science Books
Online Courses and Webinars
laRUG is organized by:
Grand Traverse Pie Company
Want to sponsor or host a laRUG meeting? Please contact Emilio